Alsco is seeking an active and ambitious Route Sales Representative to manage and grow customer accounts. The Route Sales Representative provides superior customer service by proactively managing all route responsibilities.
Team members drive a truck along an established route and service and sell within an existing customer base. It is a physical but rewarding, fast-paced, indoor/outdoor position in which the driver delivers and picks up linen, uniforms, mats and other rental items. The Route Sales Representative has the potential to earn excellent commissions by growing our existing customer base through upselling and cross-selling additional products and services. The RSR reports to the District Manager.
Our Full Time employees enjoy:
- Competitive Base Pay + Commissions
- 401(k) with matching program
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance Package
- Disability and Life Insurance Package
- Paid Time Off, Sick Time and Holidays
- Solicit new customers, up-sell/cross-sell/sample all lines of service or product and develop a profitable product mix.
- Actively participate in promotions and contests, training and audits.
- Follow company policies and procedures regarding installation of new customers, manage customer needs and all aspects of service.
- Retain customer loyalty and provide outstanding customer service. Build relationships, communicate openly, educate customers, manage customer needs and proactively resolve concerns.
- Safely operate a delivery vehicle on each trip, following all applicable laws and company policy.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness and perform regular vehicle inspections.
- Handle and process customer payments. Keep route paperwork current.
- Ensure timely and correct deliveries of complete textile loads, pick up soiled textiles and maintain proper inventories in accounts. Service items such as facility maintenance products.
- Keep service agreements current and renewed.
- Return from route and off load soiled textiles in the receiving area of facility.
- Accurately prepare route paperwork and follow check-in procedures.
- Have and maintain a valid driver’s license, CDL when applicable.
- Have and maintain a driving record free of chargeable accidents, speeding or safety violations.
- Demonstrate excellent skills in customer service and route sales.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Recognize colors, sizes and types of product and count, add and subtract accurately.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Daily, by delivery vehicle within a route.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
- Operating vehicles on public roads, in and out of customer locations, loading areas of a typical industrial laundry facility, Service Center or depot.
- Indoor and outdoor areas of a typical industrial facility.
Typical Physical Activity:
- Physical Demands – sitting, grasping, driving, stooping, climbing stairs, standing, walking, writing, speaking, and hearing, moving carts up to 500 lbs. and lifting up to 75 lbs.
Alsco has been an industry pioneer since 1889. Our company is responsible for creating and shaping many of the linen delivery industry standards that everyone follows. If there is one thing we’ve learned over the years, it is the importance of delivering a solution that meets each customer’s unique needs.